Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Notes from class 1/29

As usual, setting up the computer support took some time. Getting my laptop booted up and connected should be planned for. Now that I know how to use Skype better, talking to remote students should be easier.

I asked people to look at the project that was used a few years ago. I also asked people to try to post a comment to the blog, but I haven't seen anything yet.

On Wednesday 1/31, I'll take some Polaroids! If I can get Google Talk to work on my laptop, that will be good.

If this course was going to be on-line or hybrid, access to the lecture slides is obviously critical. A set time for conference calls with students might be a good idea, although awkward for students in distant time zones. Maybe Skype could be used to record the lecture - but breaking it up slide by slide would help even more.

So Wednesday evening I plan to take pictures, and finish the slides started last time. We'll also discuss the project.

No comments: