Thursday, March 15, 2007

more on the writing project

You may implement something, but that's not necessary. You'll probably need to read up on your topic, focus QUICKLY on some particular subtopic, and explain it to me in ten pages... If you write something explaining that topic to me, maybe with a simple example, that would be fine.

A student wrote:

> Hello. I just had a question about the writing project.
>
> What exactly are you expecting for this project? I'm not entirely certain
> exactly what I'm supposed to write -- is this a research style project
> where I'm supposed to implement something and investigate a new topic, or
> am I going to go over a bunch of subtopics in the topic I have provided
> and inform you about them? I thought I had a better idea over what
> exactly was necessary, but I find myself a little confused about it right
> now.

1 comment:

Sandor Dornbush said...

Another student and I were talking about a possibility for the project.

Is it possible combine the writing profect and the class project. The idea would be to make the writing project a literature review on the same subject of the main project. The final project would then discuss the results of code and experiments run.